Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route
using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of
This position is authorized for a non-career employee serving as
relief on a regular rural route.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a
regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts
for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D.,
registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post;
furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and
provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies
and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change
of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the
customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed
to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.
Manager, Customer Services; Supervisor, Customer Services; or