APWU Expense, Travel Policy

Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policies

APWU Travel and Expenses Reimbursement Policy for Officers and Staff [PDF] (updated January 2, 2024)

Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy for Designated Representatives and Committee Members [PDF] (updated January 2, 2024)

Expense Forms

The forms below are used to submit expense claims to APWU headquarters.

Beginning on January 1, 2024, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be 67 cents per mile for business miles driven, up 1.5 cents from 2023.

Expense Form and Mileage Log for APWU National Officers and Staff [PDF] (updated Jan. 2024)

Expense Form and Mileage Log for Designated Representatives and Committee Members [PDF]  (updated Jan. 2024)

Summary of Business Trip Expense Records [PDF] (udpated Dec. 22, 2009)

Form I-9

In 2017, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service revised the I-9 Form, the Employment Eligibility Verification Form. Click here for I-9 Instructions. This is the only form that is accepted for employment verification. For information about the changes, please see the USCIS Update and Q&A. For further information, you may review the Handbook for Employers.

I-9 forms must be completed by all newly hired employees, including staff, elected officers, trustees, advocates, and shop stewards, if they are on the union payroll and/or receive payment of expenses. The I-9 Form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice to verify employment eligibility, and must be completed even if employment is temporary or part time.

W-4 Forms

Employers use W-4 forms to collect the information they need to calculate payroll withholdings for their employees. Unions should ask their employees to complete W-4 forms every year.